Research Associate, Fermentation
As part of Myriant's Fermentation team, the Research Associate will be responsible for testing aerobic and anaerobic cultures in flasks and small fermentors. He/she will prepare solutions and media, inoculate and monitor fermentations, prepare samples for analysis and prepare summary reports. This person will function as a team member and work in collaboration with other departmental groups. The successful candidate will travel as needed, up to 30%.
Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Biochemical Engineering, Microbiology or related discipline
- 2-5 years of experience, preferably working in an industrial environment
- Experience in fermentation or microbial physiology a plus
- GLP and excellent documentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking capabilities
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs
Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Test aerobic and anaerobic bacterial and fungal cultures in flasks and small fermentors (3, 7, 20, 50, and 500 L)
- Prepare solutions and media, clean and sterilize fermentors
- Inoculate and monitor fermentations
- Prepare fermentation samples for HPLC, chemical and biochemical analysis
- Accurately record experimental work and data in research notebook
- Summarize results in reports and Excel spreadsheets
- General laboratory maintenance
- Organize work environment for maximum efficiency
- Comply with all safety regulations and company policy
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Travel up to 30%
- Typical laboratory environment
Myriant offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only, no recruiters or phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer