Assistant or Associate Scientist, R&D Molecular Biology
Myriant Corporation is a biotechnology company with labs in Woburn, MA. We specialize in genetic and metabolic engineering of yeast and bacteria, and fermentation, to produce specialty chemicals that will be used to produce biodegradable plastics and other products from bio-renewable resources. Our first two products are D-lactic acid and succinic acid. We work on improving our current processes and developing new products and markets. We wish to hire a well-educated, hard-working, interactive, focused scientist to join our Molecular Biology Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct bench scale research and interact with the current team in the field of genetic engineering of microorganisms for the production of biochemicals.
- Keep careful records of experiments, write reports, and help to maintain equipment and lab supplies. Observe safety policies and help to keep the lab orderly.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of standard genetic engineering techniques, such as sterile culturing of microbes, PCR and plasmid and strain construction.
- Fluent in use of computers for DNA sequence manipulation, data organization, graphing, and word processing.
- Skill at writing and communicating.
Education and/or Experience
- Undergraduate courses in organic chemistry, physics, genetics, molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Ideally, two or more years of hands-on laboratory experience in genetic engineering.
- Experience with yeast molecular biology and/or small scale fermentations would be beneficial.
- Molecular biology laboratory group of eight. Total research group of about 35 scientists and engineers. Other departments specialize in fermentation, analytics, downstream processing, and cellulosic pretreatment.
Myriant offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit resume by email to email@example.com
Principals only, no recruiters or phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer